One of your main concerns as a homeowner is keeping your family and home safe from harm. But what are you doing to protect your family from one of the biggest—and deadliest—dangers in your home? That danger is known as Carbon Monoxide (CO). The following is excellent article from the Electronic Security Association that highlights the dangers of Carbon Monoxide and what can be done to detect it. Hint, carbon monoxide monitoring which uses carbon monoxide detectors to call the fire department.
“Carbon monoxide (CO), a colorless, tasteless and odorless gas that is undetectable by human senses. Carbon monoxide can emit from common household sources such as furnaces, fireplaces, space heaters, central heating systems, stoves that burn natural gas, and vehicles. While these products are designed to function safely, factors such as improper use, damage or faulty construction can cause a carbon monoxide leak.”Read the full article here.