photo credit: Daniel Kulinski via photopin ccYou're in the market for a security system for your office. And, the choices in Indianapolis are abundant. So, how do you choose the right security company for your business? Here are 10 questions to ask your business security system provider to guide you through the process.
Essential Trust Questions
1. How experienced are you in the security industry?
You want to look for a reputable company with years of experience in the industry when choosing a security company. Experience provides professional insight, guarantees the best ways to protect your assets, and proves the reliability of the company's security service.
2. What experience do you have working in my sector? What type of security service does my business actually need?
Since security depends on the requirements of your specific business and the risks associated with it, you'll want to look for a company that offers customized security solutions. Whether your office needs simple alarm response or video monitoring, choose a security company that will work closely with you to understand your needs and develop a tailored security service.
3. Are your security technicians trustworthy?
Any quality security company must do its due diligence when hiring security technicians. After all, they will be trusted with security system installation and protecting you and your assets. All personnel should be subject to a background check and a drug test. In addition, technicians are required to fulfill certain licensing requirements. If it's not already outlined on the company's site, finding out information on criminal history and appropriate licensing and training just takes you asking.
4. What kind of contract is required to obtain security services from your company?
Some companies require a long-term contract and hardware purchase. Others might offer short term monitoring that better fits your needs. It is key to find a security system company whose terms, conditions, and pricing model are flexible enough for your situation.
5. How quickly does your company respond to on-site incidents?
Responsiveness is key in the security industry. An effective company is one that delivers consistent timely responses to customer concerns, whether it is a simple inquiry or an unfolding incident. You need an honest answer from your commercial security system provider.
Totally Connected Questions
- Can I remotely control my alarm system on my smartphone or PC? Receive alerts on my phone and arm/disarm the system?
- Is there a way to track who is arming and disarming the system?
- Can I myself have the ability to add or remove users without calling someone?
- Can I have special codes for cleaning/maintenance personnel?
- What other things can be monitored in my office or place of business: video, temperature, humidity (especially computer server rooms if you have one)?
Want to know more about remote access? Here's more information to get you totally connected.
As the business owner or office manager, you're aware of the security needs of your office. These questions can help you find the best security provider for your business. If you're looking for more security tips, follow us on Facebook.